No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Friday, May 15, 2015

Let's get started

So, as a kid I thought I wanted to be either an artist or a teacher.

Life tends to not turn out how we plan.

God, as the grand designer, knows what is best and he leads us in pathways we could never dream of in all our years.  Right now I am thinking of part of Psalm 119:

Your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.
I have taken an oath and confirmed it,
that I will follow your righteous laws.
I have suffered much;
preserve my life, Lord, according to your word.
Accept, Lord, the willing praise of my mouth,
and teach me your laws.
Though I constantly take my life in my hands,
I will not forget your law.
The wicked have set a snare for me,
but I have not strayed from your precepts.
Your statutes are my heritage forever;
they are the joy of my heart.
My heart is set on keeping your decrees
to the very end.

I am not a grand theologian.  I am not an eloquent speaker.  I am not very brave.  But...

I am a child of God.  I want to be obedient to his call.  I will be a light unto his world.  I hope to step into the chaos of this world and make it calm by the grace of MY GOD.

Please pray with me as I embark on this next phase and begin to seek out what a more intentional ministry using my gifts and abilities will look like.

Thank you Lord for the opportunities you are sending my way.  I ask that you continue to guide me as I make decisions about which path to take.  May your word be the lamp I use for my guide.
AMEN! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment