No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Summer Season

 We are in what is technically the summer season, right?  Well, the kids here are still in class until mid July!  And it feels cooler because rains are starting early this year. At least the college students are on break.  Jewel is one of our students and she is staying with us for most of the summer.  We have been talking about values and budget.  Next is dreams and setting goals.

One of the English class teachers is taking initiative to host classes at her house.  It is exciting to see her make it her own but still see some reflections of what I did with them.  If it goes well for her she might start in a second location near her husband's family in another barangay.  I'm dreaming up ways to make it easier for her and more inviting for the kids.

I'm trying to take up gardening,  but I'm not so good at it.  I can pull weeds but sometimes I'm afraid I'm pulling real flowers!  I'm not like Ate Joy but I'm trying my best to not kill all of her flowers...

We started work on a building/shelter in Cagting.  It's basic, but even so the building permit may be more complicated than expected.  At first Jun was told the municipal engineer would be able to simply sign off on the design since it's basic.  Turns out to not be true.  He will check with the local electrician to see if he can help out with the paperwork because truly neither of us know what we are doing.

We are finally sorting out the multiple boxes of donations that arrived in March.  It is looking like we have lots of things to distribute when we go to Mindanao in August... if we have our 4 wheels by then... that is a prayer request because funding for that has been redirected to building so we still need more.

No comments:

Post a Comment