No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Sunday, June 5, 2016

What's the plan Stan?

I'm always talking about the Philippines.  My students even keep asking me, "So teacher when are you going to leave us?"  Well, every day I am one step closer to making it a reality.

In the last two weeks I have solidified travel dates for the short term visit, talked to a travel agent about it, opened a ministry specific account, and worked toward filling out the sending agency application.

"But, Christine, what does all of that mean?"

Well, I had to wait for the new account card to come, but tomorrow I will be calling the travel agent back to officially book the flight.  I will most likely be going December 6th - January 14th.  Flight availability might change it by a day or two.

Although they would not yet be tax deductible donations I have a separate account set up if anyone would like to start sending me financial support to include the short term trip.

Also, by the end of the week I hope to have the sending agency application sent in.  If I am approved, meaning that my vision fits within their mission, I will get deputized to begin officially raising tax-deductible funds.  This organization would also be another way I would be able to stay connected to you all as my supporters.

Most importantly what all of this means is I have several specific prayer request:
*For details of the flight to be easy to figure out
*For financial support to start coming in
*For guidance in being true to myself and reality in filling out the application
*For patience through the approval process
*For the process to be smooth and painless
*Also for smooth transitions in the next 3 months for me

No comments:

Post a Comment