No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Friday, July 20, 2018

Special Goal

Over the past year I have had many individuals and families financially supporting the
ministry. A number of you are those amazing people with which God has blessed me.
As the time comes closer to leave I am asking if you would be willing to commit to a regular
monthly donation for two years.  I know some of you have said you want to support me but
perhaps you don't know what could benefit the ministry.

Let me help with that, even $5 a month is helpful!  To put this into perspective, one $25
a month pledge could completely cover either my personal care items, my language tutor,
or basic household needs. One donor at $50 a month could cover my groceries, classroom
supplies, transportation needs, or my utilities.  Below you will see the goal of 35 committed
monthly partnerships I would like to have by the time I leave. As of today I am only a third
of the way toward this goal. Please let me know if you are willing to fill in one (or multiple!)
of the slots. Thank you and God bless!

$100
$100
$100
$100
$15
$50
$50
$50
$50
$15
$50
$50
$50
$50
$15
$25
$25
$25
$25
$10
$25
$25
$25
$25
$10
$25
$25
$25
$25
$10
$20
$20
$20
$20
$10
(The highlighted boxes represent current partnerships!)

Don't know where to start?  Think about these facts:

According to thesimpledollar.com, the average American spends $12.75 per meal eaten
outside of the home. Considering the average is 18 meals a month this comes to over $230.
Eat at home one day a month more often and you can support me at $10 a month per
person and spend more time with your precious family.

ABCNews.com estimates that the average working person spends $1,100 a year on coffee
not including homebrewed cups.  That makes it about $20 a week spent on coffee out
somewhere. Brew your morning coffee at home one extra day a week and you can support
me with $20 a month.

Still not convinced?  Think of it this way, you as an individual might be giving up a meal or
coffee out, but in turn the support from 35 partnerships will allow me to serve over twice that
amount!  Giving up a few amenities for a couple of years is worth it to change the lives of
100s of people forever 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment