No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

June and July: Class Closings

 We've been busy the last month or so with lots of good things. Classes in Juagdan finished at the end of June so it was time to sort out all the students' work and make sure everything was graded. There were over 50 folders to prepare and two different certificates for most of them. It's fun stuff, but lots of work in a short time. The first week of July we then had our closing party! Thanks to all sorts of donors we were able to give great prizes and have delicious snacks. In honor of the one class we ended with popcorn and a movie (The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!). The Mabini class took a few extra meetings to finish and so we just hosted a dozen of them at our new place to celebrate three different groups of students (4 participated in all 3 classes!). Now I will take the rest of July and part of August to set up the lessons for the next term. I am hoping to finally add some classroom assistants so I can add back a class in Guintaboan as well as perhaps starting in Cagting already!


Jun has been busy doing various tasks on our property. Still doing bits and pieces of the building, but also preparing the field for planting. We had a visit from the municipal tractor to down all the jungle grass and break up the soil. Jun is hoping it can come again, but he might just have to spray lots of weed killer. He started in a small area to test out some sweet corn and mongo beans. Once planted he will go back to building more consistently. Lord willing, financially we are hopeful to be able to have enough saved to drill our well in October. It's a little more expensive at the start, but higher potential of a safe drinking water source! Although we will always have the purified water for any visitors🤓


I will try to post pictures later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment