No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Thursday, August 12, 2021

The world kept turning...

 Last weekend I was struck with fever.  It was preceded by a week long headache and reached 102F (39C).  For two days it was a battle to get it down to 100, finally it broke but wouldn't give up!  Three more days of 99/100 and this morning I finally woke with my normal 97!  My life and actions were stalled, but the world kept on turning.

My husband was a great caretaker, but I'm happy to be back to normal.  Today I rode with him to our house to see things...


Each side needs details, but the big sections of wall are up.  It will take time yet to trim them all and fit the small cuts, but it's looking like a house now.



Seed Life is also showing signs of growth...

Coconut to be planted soon...

Alugbati.... A local version of spinach that is delicious!

Bell peppers almost ready to spread out.

This excites me!  It is one of three cacao plants!  I don't know how long before it fruits, but we will eventually be making our own cocoa powder and maybe chocolate trials?

I've never seen the vine before, but Jun tells me it what the locals call sinkamas which is what we call jicama.

One of about a dozen banana saplings Jun has on the border near the house.  Eventually he hopes to have a couple hundred ... Let's see how long that takes!

Jun tossed a handful of our old seed corn, but only a few sprouted so it will become chicken feed instead of being planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment