No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Whirlwind of New Adventures

So as expected it was a crazy 48 hours and then some... Long story short I was delayed a day, but that meant I had enough of a layover in Munich that I went into town.

This is my first time ever in Europe so I decided to live it up.  I took the commuter train into the city center. Had lunch off Marienplatz at the Ratskeller.  Toured the city on a two and a half hour open top double decker bus.  Fell asleep on part of that tour so I decided it was time to go back to the airport.
The inner courtyard at Marienplatz where I ate lunch.

The outside of the building on Marienplatz in which the Ratskeller is located.

At the airport I got to meet up with one of the Serge team with whom I've been communicating with recently.  We arrived safely, just a bit late, into Cluj.  We hit the sack finally at 2:00 am on Friday "morning".

Since then,  the group of 10 of us have been touring and getting to know each other.  There are lots of amazing things going on here and there is much potential for all of us to eventually join the Cluj team.  The coming weeks, months, and years will slowly reveal those plans to each of us.

I finally got to meet the gentleman I would be working with and we all took a tour of Ozd.  When we went to the rehab center in Ozd we also had part of another group from the UK join us on the bus ride.
The road started out paved, turned rough, then rougher, then eventually became a gravelly dirty pass.  It was great!

Just a sample of one of the rural villages in the Transylvanian countryside.  Ozd itself was much less populated even than this, I hope to add pictures from my camera later.

On Monday the rest of the visiting team will move on to their next site.  But I will travel back to Ozd to meet more of the people involved with that aspect of the ministry.  Tuesday I will spend time in the local office I would potentially be spending most of my time in.  Then I'll have three days to spend with the couple who began this team and whom would be my accountability and leadership while in country.

So far I'm encouraged, but I'm trying to patiently wait my turn. I want to respect the short time the rest of the visitors have to make sure their questions get answers, then I can have some more one on one time with my potential future teammates.

Perhaps I will have a few pictures of Cluj in the coming days.  In the mean time, if you could continue to commune with God about the following:
*Continued safety in travels
*Continued communication
*Deepening of relationships
*Understanding and discernment for all parties
*Also that I may be able to process quickly what I'm seeing and hearing so I may be able to ask the right questions and give honest answers when asked

No comments:

Post a Comment