No matter where I am I have friends who are half a world away. I want to stay connected and keep my supporters informed. Some times I will be very busy and only update once in a while. Other times I might bore you with how much I have to say :) Just check back once in a while when you are thinking of me and see what I'm up to!

Monday, June 1, 2015

Clear As Mud

These last few weeks have continued to be a roller coaster of emotions.  I am still uncertain about the organization and will need to see a vast improvement in communication over the next month before I can confidently say I would be okay with working under them.

For those of you who know me well, you can understand my struggles in the financial aspect of this experience.  I am extremely thankful to my parents because without them I could not have made it through these past two years, well really any of life.  It was also because of a generous graduation gift from them that I was able to even purchase the flight.  We did not know of this particular expense at the time, but when I graduated they presented me with the gift saying, "This is so you can get a head start on what is next."  I have said all along that God will always provide when something is supposed to happen.

Last night my mom expressed that she feels responsible for what is happening right now because it was their gift that enabled me to take the next steps with this experience.  I hope I was able to encourage her that there is no fault in what they did and it was a wonderful gift.  I need to take full responsibility in not clarifying before taking the leap.

This is where I stand:

*I have been approved for the Vision Trip.

*They are willing to (at my cost) set up a support account.

*However, the account would be set up in a way that donor checks would be returned if the cost of the trip has already been met by the time they receive the check. ($2000)

*I am going for the Vision Trip in hopes of cleaning up the muddiness. (June 24-July 4)

*I have not decided about setting up the short term support account.

*If you would like to help in this first stage let me know.  If I get enough response then I will follow through and set it up so donations can be sent to the agency and made tax deductible.

*I appreciate the verbal and prayer support I have been receiving.  Unless you have been in a similar situation, you can not comprehend how much of a difference it makes.

I leave you with a prayer that God will continue to bless you to overflowing so that you may bless others!

Sincerely feeling blessed despite circumstances,
~Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment